Thursday, June 26, 2008

To Grandmother's House We Go!





Although we did not go "over the river and through the woods" nor was there anyone with a red riding hood, we did make our way to grandmother's house today. My grandmother, the kids' great-grandmother, Nana Betty. She lives about an hour from my parents. We headed there early this morning with my parents, Nana and Pop-Pop. We spent a few hours there chatting, laughing, and having lunch. We could have stayed longer but little Norah is teething and she was so tired. By 1:30 she had had all she could stand. Nana Betty was dissappointed to see us go, but Lord willing, we will see her again soon. I forgot my camera so no pictures with Nana Betty, but I do have some pictures of the girls in adorable hats that my other grandmother made for them. (That would be Big Mom-Mom, to the children. She isn't really big, just the great grandmother, and there is already another Mom-Mom).

Tonight we just spent time around the house here and Nana (my mom) played with the kids, told funny stories like she used to tell me, and gave the kids ice cream. They are having a good time. I am enjoying myself too. I just need to relax as the sleeping schedule keeps getting kind of skewed. It is a great balancing act here for me in NJ - seeking to enjoy the family, while letting the kids have fun, but keeping them healthy and well-rested. If you have any fabulous ideas for me - I will be glad to hear them!

Tomorrow, I believe we will be off the the Brigantine Beach with Mom-Mom, Pappy and the rest of the Daly gang...I see sunscreen and juice boxes on the horizon!!!!!!!

2 comments:

angela said...

The girls look adorable...as always. It sounds like you all are having a wonderful, fun-filled, action-packed time, with more to come. Let me just encourage you in love that naptime, especially for the little ones, will not only help them remain well-rested,happy, and healthy, but it will also give you a chance to take a breather. Even if only for an hour, a little down time will work wonders :o) May you have grace, mercy, and peace in your heart as you go throughout your day. Have fun! Oh, by the way, you all have a letter coming your way. We mailed it yesterday so I guess it'll be there by Monday or Tuesday. Love, ANG

Anonymous said...

double trouble, they are so freakin cute! i love the one where the girls are facing each other, i think Norah was saying, "Hey Pie-Pie are you thinkin what I'm thinkin?" can't wait to see tonights post!!