Levi is a gift to us from the Lord!!! Such a sweet, kind, fun, silly, tenderhearted little buddy. Ready to give up his seat for someone with out one or help anyone who needs help. Even today on our outing he was the first one to offer to carry the cooler bag when I was having trouble carrying it along with the baby!! He is precious!!! He is doing great in school and is diligent in all his ways. He makes me so proud of him. I love that little guy!!! Thank you Lord for giving him to me 6 years ago, almost right to this very minute. He was born at 2:14 and now it is 2:22. Oh I will never forget seeing that bushy headed little boy so beautiful when I saw him for the first time. I remember smelling his head and thinking how gorgeous he was as the nurses brought him back to me all cleaned up. I remember hearing a long time ago a saying something like, "you never know how much your heart can long until you become a mommy" I remember thinking (not a mother then) that it was a goofy thing to say, because I thought I love a lot and I know the Love of God.
BUT, it is a love unlike a love I had ever known, this mother's love. To look at your child and see this little creature that has come from you. And in my case someone who was formed with my husband who I love like no other. There is not a love like a mother's love...except when you think of a Father's Love. His love is supreme.
I remember the first week I became a mother and I was sitting holding my baby in the back of the church and thinking of how much God must have love me to GIVE HIS SON FOR ME!! What?!! What kind of love is this?!! While a mother's love is unspeakably wonderful, there is One love that is far surpassing. I am thankful to serve and love and know the God that spared not His own Son to save me from my sins and the wretch that I am without Him.
Well, I praise this One Who saved me and has given me life in Him and who put life into my womb. I praise the Lord for Levi Anthony!! It is my deepest prayer that God would save his soul and have mercy on him and that Levi would have a long life to know, honor, glorify and enjoy our Savior, Creator and Father!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Oh we love you Levi!!!!!! HAppy Birthday! PRecious and great post Theresa!!!
Such a sweet boy...happy birthday. I love your ability to articulate what a wonderful gift it is to be a mom. Love, love, love the new header. And seriously, from the looks of the picture I don't think you need to shred :-) see you soon
Post a Comment