Sunday, September 26, 2010

Living and Learning

Ahhhh, I am so glad that as we go along the way, as we live that is, we learn. What do we learn? Well, things like, your messy house isn't necessarily a reflection of the kind of person you are (whether good or bad, that is), it isn't really that important that your van is still full of stuff from camping a week after you have returned or that you are weak and will,(while on this earth)
be often be seen as a sinner in need of much grace. I am learning, though I haven't figured out what to do with all of this. One thing I know for sure is that the longer I live the more glad I am that I belong to the God of the universe and that He is the Lover of my soul.

I have a messy house today but decided to do what the Lord calls necessary and take a rest. It was a nice nap that I had. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't have done that years ago. I would have hustled about trying to make sense of things and straighten and kill myself bringing in all that junk from the van and never would have laid down to rest. Then, this afternoon, I would have been sad, weepy, cranky, and not a very sweet mother and wife. So, I learned that God gave us rest days for a reason: because they are necessary and good for our bodies and our souls. It's all connected...physical things tied to spiritual things. The rest God gives us is good for my body but is also good for my soul, that I may better serve Him and better love and serve the ones He has put in my life. When I am tired and hormonal and unrested I am A LOT more sinful and self-centered and willful. Thank you Lord for the rest You give to us, who would probably crash and burn before we rested had You not given us the reminder and example in Scripture to rest. Thanking the Lord that He "knows my frame and remembers we are dust". I am thankful that He removes my sins from me "as far as the east is from the west". Ahhhh, that is good news!!!

I KNOW that I have so much more to learn. But isn't that the beauty of living??...that we have each new day to learn something new, repent from yesterday's wrongs and walk in newness of life. "His mercies are new every morning" Great is THY faithfulness!!!!!!!

1 comment:

angela said...

I am so glad that you rested today. It is certainly not a sign of weakness to rest when we are weary. You are right, following God's example of taking time to rest is a wonderful thing...for the body and the soul. Now, my dear friend, we need to go on a coffee date...SOON! :O)